Tuesday 7 August 2012

Shoes of the Week 07/08/12 - Studded Ballet Slippers @ Matalan

Hi all

So it's that time of the week where I pick a pair of shoes that have caught my eye and deserve to be shown off to the wider world of bloggers. Before I reveal this week's pair I said last week that I had bought a tunic and jacket from Tesco and would post the links for both if they appeared on the website.

Low and behold they did! So here they are: f+f Asymmetric Biker Jacket and f+f Pointed Peter Pan Tunic Dress . I have yet to wear either item but I am looking forward to trying them out and see what other people think.

Other than that I have nothing new to tell you as I have been in work and breaking in my new Dr Martens (see previous post).

So without further ado ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shoes of the Week 07/08/12

The pair I have picked for this week are Studded Ballet Slippers from Matalan .


Whilst they don't look like much, these shoes are hot right now. I originally came across a pair like this is Topshop earlier this year but with a £28 price tag they weren't exactly value for money. Since then similar shoes have been released across the high street and brands such as ASOS, AX Paris and even boohoo.com have released their own version.

The reason why this pair is better than the other imitations (in my opinion) is the price tag. At just £10 for the pair they are cheap enough to splash out on without the guilt if you only wear them a couple of times. The finish also feels high end as the studs are attached well and they have a luxurious velvet feel.

The studded shoe is certainly heavily featured for A/W 12 and the ballet slipper is probably one of the comfiest ways to wear this trend. They also go with a multitude of items so are great for just popping on when you don't know what else to wear.

Looking at the reviews online it does seem that the downside for these shoes is that the sizing runs a little small meaning that you may be better going for the next size up. Or you may want to persevere as with most shoes they do give a little after a couple of wears .


Overall I give a 7 / 10 .

Great shoes but only suitable for a couple of months wear.

Speak soon

GoodyTwoShoes x

No comments:

Post a Comment