Thursday 2 August 2012

Dr Martens Manchester Store Opening

Hi all

So today I went on a little trip to Manchester because one of my favourite shoe brands Dr Martens was opening a new store on Market Street. I got my first docs at the age of 13 for new school shoes, this then led to another pair being bought for fun , which led to another ... and another. I now own 6 pairs of different designs and had my eye on a new pair which I had spotted on line but wanted to see if they were worth the money.

So I hopped on the train , with an accomplice (Mum) and headed towards the store.

Here is a photo of the inside :


And the amazing artwork on the wall :


The store in itself is quite small but this is the same across all Dr Martens stores. There is only 1 floor with the different shoes laid out across a couple of stands. Everything is neat, tidy and clean and definitely fits in with the whole Dr Martens brand (including the retro CD juke box at the back). The sales assistants were also very happy to help.I found the pair that I had seen on line as well as several others so I asked for a size 8 and tried 3 pairs on.

The first pair was in the "Shoreditch" style in the Avery print velvet costing £65 these are new for a/w 2012 and can be found here. These are not the typical Dr Marten style as the shoreditch style gives a less structured boot design, as well as being a narrow width across. These were really nice boots but not for me because of the next pair I tried on.

The next pair I tried on were these :


These are 10 hole boots also in the Avery print velvet which are much more typical of the Dr Martens style and feel fabulous. They hit about mid calf, have dark grey rubber around the sole and were the pair that I had originally gone into see since coming across them here. At the cost of £100 they were also at the top of my budget. *Update* Official Dr Marten Link : Dr Martens avery boot

The last pair I tried on were these:


These are cherry red "Cassidy" print 8 hole boots. I had never seen these before and the store assistant said they are part of the new collection for winter. They are the typical Dr Marten boots with black vinyl print of skulls and flowers/leaves all over and come in 3 colours (black, red or purple). The only website stocking these i have found is here. At the price of £110 they were also at the top of my budget. *Update* Official Dr Martens link : Dr Martens cassidy boot

In the end I decided to go for the original pair I went in for before being ambushed by my mother who had already beaten me to the till !

When I got outside I found out that not only had I got the velvet Avery 10 hole boots but I had also got the red 'cassidy' 8 hole boots on the promise that one pair was for my birthday. Needless to say my mum got the biggest hug and I was speechless.

So all in all a very good trip and I'm just about getting over the shock. I can't wait to wear my new boots out and about and here's to all the mums out there !

Speak soon

GoodyTwoShoes x

No comments:

Post a Comment